Everight Healthcare Foundation recorded outstanding feats in the last quarter of the year 2021
SUMMARY OF OUR ACTIVITIES
- Free Health Talk , testing and counseling program: The foundation, in partnership with Ray Amuneke Foundation organized a one day health talk, testing and free counseling for the women of Udodiri Ndom Umuonyeche community in Imo State during their August Meeting on the 24th of August 2021. More than 30 women were tested and counseled. The health talk was delivered by Dr Camiland Iwuala (Everight Diagnostics and Laboratory services) on Breast Cancer and Menopause.
- POOR HANDMAIDS OF JESUS CHRIST CELEBRATION OF 170 YEARS OF THEIR EXISTENCE: On the 15th of August 2021, the foundation visited the Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ in Oguta. The organization was celebrating their 170 years of existence. The organization has a home for children who are mentally retarded, or are handicapped. Some of these children were found roaming on the street and have been left for doom. The Poor Handmaid Of Jesus Christ shelters and caters for their need. Everight Healthcare foundation visited the home with different items as requested by the Home. We went with food items, medications and Toiletries for the children.
- Walk with Us Cancer Foundation (WAWUC): In September, the foundation partnered with WAWUC in their cancer awareness program. We participated in the walk, the Race and the lecture on Cancer. We also contributed financially as well as carry out Mammogrammy at a very discounted rate for women who came from the foundation.
- 70% OFF Mammogramy : the Foundation also partnered with Association of Lady Pharm and carried out Mammogram for 56 women and 21 Breast Scans through Our Sister Company Everight Healthcare Foundation.
- Bill Adoption: a 28year old Juliet Okafor who had a dead fetus in her womb and was rushed to Everight Diagnostics for a Scan had to be rushed to the hospital. The foundation took care of her hospital bill. The medical Bill of some women in a renowned health facility, totally N790,000 was undertaken by the foundation . These women were taken to the hospital under life Threatening conditions and the Foundation stepped in and assisted them in the payment of their bills.
- Chisimdiri’s Case: Chisimdiri ,aged 5 had Metastatic Rhabdomyosarcoma , was admitted in the Oncology unit of the Federal Medical Center Owerri and had to undergo Dialysis to enable the surgeons operate on Him. He had three Dialysis sessions which was fully paid for by the foundation. But unfortunately, Chisimdiri’s health deteriorated badly which led to his death.
- DISTRIBUTION OF 25KG BAGS OF RICE IN COMMEMORATION OF THE Chairman’s BIRTHDAY: In commemoration of our Chairman’s Birthday Mr Everest Okpara, on the 22nd of December, we distributed over 200 bags of 25kg rice to the women in Dimagu in Isiekenesi Ideato South LGA. Back to school packs were also given to the children as well.
- Everight Healthcare Foundation in partnership with Walk with us Cancer Foundation (WAWUC) sponsored an awareness campaign on Cervical Cancer with theme: Close the Care Gap. This Campaigned was geared towards informing the general public about Cervical Cancer and other Forms of Cancer which affect children. The Campaign was open for various secondary schools and health organizations to participate.