The benefits of having access to an improved drinking water source can only be fully realized when there is also access to improved sanitation and adherence to good hygiene practices. Today, 2.2 billion people lack access to safely managed drinking water services and 4.2 billion people lack safely managed sanitation services. Unsafe hygiene practices are widespread, compounding the effects on people’s health.
The foundation seeks to achieve the following:
- Distribution of disinfectants, toiletries and sanitary materials, water guard etc
- Education on the importance of hand washing and water hygiene and sanitation.
- Education on simple hygiene practices with food, fruits , water etc
- Hygiene education in schools for better health in children.
- Importance of having water cistern than latrines or bucket or pit toilets.
- Educating the adolescent girls on basic sanitary habits
- Partner with municipalities, state government and community Based Organization to provide stable water supply for the communities